Den fre 6 juli 2018 kl 17:18 skrev Graham Luffrum <grhmlffrm@gmail.com>:

I've had a quick look at 6.1.0.1 and the toolbars have changed and I can
get back to the "default" from every variant.  So maybe my problem with
6.0.5.2 is not worth pursuing.

Graham

On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 17:08, M Henri Day <mhenriday@gmail.com> wrote:

Den fre 6 juli 2018 kl 16:45 skrev Graham Luffrum <grhmlffrm@gmail.com>:

This is all very well, but on my system (6.0.5.2 under Linux Mint 18.1)
the
settings icon does not work which means that I can get back to the
default
only by changing the Notebooktoolbar settings.  Also the menubar is not
shown by default - again this requires changes to the Notebooktoolbar
settings.

Graham

​<snip>​

​Odd. On my setup - *nota bene*, with Expert enabled - with the standard
layout enabled, I don't see the settings icon, but when i have the
Notebook
layout enabled, the icon is visible and clicking it gives me the option
enable the menubar, from which I can then proceed to return to the
standard
layout. We are both running LO 6.0.5.2 (in my case, the 64-bit version)
on
Linux Mint, and I find it difficult to believe the fact that I'm using a
more recent version of LM (19.0) than you are or that my LO is the
Swedish
edition can explain the differences we seem to experience. Perhaps a
developer could be enticed to weigh in ?...

Henri​

​Thanks for reporting back, Graham ; if the issue has been resolved in
6.1.0, then I agree - there's not much reason to pursue it further. But
which layout did you prefer, the Notebook or the default ?...

Henri​