Thanks to all who have responded, but let me see if I can clarify and add to what I havve learned.

1. The limiting factor is the menu bar (File, Edit, View . . .) where there are no icons. What is
worse, I have a Spanish interface which makes some of the items (words only) longer. I have seen no
way to change the size of the font on the bar, nor is it possible to hide the menu bar, although
there is a work around to create a macro to do so mentioned in LO and OO fora.

2. The Anaphraseus extension is added to the menu bar, not a tool bar.

3.  The problem does affect LO 5.4.3.2 which I have on the computer from which I am responding. It
did not bother me there because I have yet to add that extension there. However, minimum sizing IS
affected by the space required for the menu bar. (As a parenthetical comment, when I work quikly, I
can resize the window smaller UNTIL the menu bar loads. I offer this in case someone wants to test
on an affected installation.)

4.  This is NOT a problem in the Windows version of 6.0. Sizing the window smaller simply
progressively hides the menu bar.

5.  Although LO has always been GTK based in Linux, I am not sure if it now has a Qt interface to
integrate better with KDE/Plasma which may not be affected, hence my addition of GTK to the subject
line. (Input here welcome!)

6.  MOST IMPORTANT: Now that I understand better what is going on, Tomorrow, I will recheck LO's
Bugzilla for existing bugs and if none is reported, will report this. I will also report the bug
number to this list, in this thread so that others can see and add to it.

Again, many thanks for the help on this matter.