On 12/06/2017 04:49 PM, Tim-L wrote:
Do you think my checklist should include EuroOffice for Android, and
Yes, if they are free and are forks of the original OpenOffice.org.

EuroOffice for Android is gratis.
Android OpenOffice has a pay-to-remove-advertising option.

Those are the only two programs for Android that I've found, that can
create/edit/save ODF file formats.

When I went looking on the iPhone app store, I found a couple of
programs that claim to read, and edit ODF file formats, but nothing that
can save to that file format. :(

###

I had totally forgotten about LibreOffice in the Cloud.  Need to compare
that with Office 360, and other cloud offerings.

People who are marketing LibreOffice need an easy to read comparison of
each version that run on their systems.

Is that a request for a list of the differences between:
* The same version of LibO, on different platforms. (BSD, Mac, Windows,
Linux, Chrome, etc.);
* Different versions of LibO. ( 5.4.1, 5.4.2, 6.0 alpha, etc.);

I'm in the middle of creating a spreadsheet, that lists the major new
features of each version, from roughly OOo 3.0. Currently, I've got a
skeleton for OOo, NeoOffice, Oxygen Professional, LibO, EO, and AOo.

One thing that should be listed should be related to what they can do as a alternative to Windows
Office.
I know a lot of people I worked with needed to have it do everything the did with the version of
MS Office

This requires an ongoing series of either videos, or 1,500 word
documents, stating the operation to be done, what it is called in MSO,
what it is called in LibO, and how to do it.

of the people I was dealing with used the current version that was out around 2013 or 2014.

The current version is MSO 2016, or MSO 365, depending upon whether the
individual is using the desktop version, or the cloud-based version.

I have no idea how to do anything on either of those programs.

If you can show people that LibreOffice, or other forks, are a great alternative to MS Office.

Why one program is better than another program that provides similar
functionality, depends upon the specific use case of the user.

That said, perhaps with some modifications in one's work routine, a
different program would be equal to, or more suitable than the program
one currently uses.

Then add to the document what the tech magazine critics think of these forks. The 2014 blog

I've a major problem with current tech reviews. I'm not interested in
the eye candy. Bruce is one of the rare exceptions, in that he reviews
the steak, and not the sizzle.

list of large companies and government agencies that has switched to LibreOffice over MS Office.

Doesn't somebody in marketing maintain a webpage with that information?
OTOH, I've come across a couple of organisations that don't want their
migration to become public knowledge.

If they see that these facts, maybe that it would be right for them.

So, any documentation that shows the comparison of these forks
That looks like five or six papers on the various versions, and four or
five on the migration experience.

If I do it, it will start out life as a series of blog posts.

The "why" may be hard to get,

In migrating to different software, each organization, and each
individual, needs their own why. If the personal why is lacking,
customer dissatisfaction increases logarithmically.

jonathon