On 12/05/2017 07:43 PM, toki wrote:
On 12/05/2017 11:26 PM, Tim-L wrote:

Yes, it would be nice to have a good list of differences are,
Do you think my checklist should include EuroOffice for Android, and
Android OpenOffice?

And along those lines, are there any forks/clones of OOo for iOS
(iPhone, iPad, iPod)?

jonathon
Yes, if they are free and are forks of the original OpenOffice.org.

Mac devices and iOS ones should be listed as well.  Since LibreOffice is not on iOS or Android, yet, we need to have the free forks on the list.

People who are marketing LibreOffice need an easy to read comparison of each version that run on their systems.

I do not use Mac, but I do have LibreOffice on Ubuntu 16.04LTS and Windows 10. I started using LO in 2010, or thereabout.  I was using Ubuntu 9.10 or 10.04 and Windows XP at that time.

Back then OOo had no updates for a long a long time.  It seems Apache's OOo is in the same boat.  It would have been nice to have a good, and easily read, back then.  When I switched to LibreOffice, I had a difficult time convincing people who was using OOo that LO was the way to go. I think I tried EuroOffice and other forks the was putting out updates before I tried LibreOffice.

One thing that should be listed should be related to what they can do as a alternative to Windows Office.  I know a lot of people I worked with needed to have it do everything the did with the version of MS Office they were using.  The last MS Office I used was the 2003 version.  Most of the people I was dealing with used the current version that was out around 2013 or 2014.

If you can show people that LibreOffice, or other forks, are a great alternative to MS Office.  Since each fork that runs on Windows do not include all the same functions or abilities, having a side by side comparison helps everyone.

Then add to the document what the tech magazine critics think of these forks. The 2014 blog put forth the ideas that LibreOffice did a lot of work to the code to reduce its side and still made it better.  Add the list of large companies and government agencies that has switched to LibreOffice over MS Office.  If they see that these facts, maybe that it would be right for them.

So, any documentation that shows the comparison of these forks, AND what the critics and large companies/organizations/agencies have to say about which ones they use and why.  The "why" may be hard to get, but they did switched away from MS's products for the free and open source office suites.  That might be enough.