Le 21/09/2017 à 15:16, Marion & Noel Lodge a écrit :

Hi Noel,

If you are using macros to open windows/dialogs in your database, then
you need to be aware of bug 95191. It is quite a serious hindrance to
cross-platform Base implementation, and has been around now for nearly 2
years...

Alex

Hi Alexander & Robert,

Thank you both for your responses and suggestions.  Sorry about the delayed
reply - I've had limited access to the User's Mac.

It is with a rather red face that I report that the problem was caused by
me forgetting to load a Library file of 45 functions that I have written
which form a central part of the system!  The Library file is loaded under
My Macros | Standard and is stored with LO files.  It is not part of the
.odb file.  I do it that way because the functions are common to all the
databases I have written.

When I've forgotten to load the Library other times, (on Windows PCs),
I've had an error message when the database has been initializing, telling
me it can't find a particular function, and this has alerted me to what the
problem is.  But the Mac reacted differently, so I assumed that it was a
Mac problem.  Bad assumption!  Sorry I bothered you.

However, I did unzip the .odb file as you suggested, and examining the code
alerted me to all the calls to the Library functions.  So your advice did
lead me to the solution.  Once the Library file was in place, all the
Queries, Forms and Reports magically appeared!

Much of the system is now working, but I'm still having problems opening
the main menu.  I discovered that I have used a few calls to Windows
functions, which naturally, the Mac takes a very dim view of!  I've tracked
down several of these, but I think there must be more.  I knew that porting
to the Mac would be difficult, but I'm now hopeful that I'll get there in
the end.

Many thanks for your help

Noel
--