       So sorry you're having problems;

       My suggestion though would be to convert these .eps images to an
updated image,
          (1) before you discover these have allowed some hacker into your
machine;
          (2) to become more compatible with those to whom you transfer
data -
                 [Adobe is an old program, which even MsFt's software no
longer acknowledges as safe]
          (3) checking .eps on-line, I discovered no software - other than
converters - recognize this anymore.

       Hoping this helps,
          although I'm sorry it's not what you were hoping to hear,