[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Empty spaces in master documents...
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Empty spaces in master documents...
- From: Wiebe van der Worp <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 11:34:49 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
A while ago I posted what is below and didn't see any replies. No problem because there is no real problem, with an ugly workaround. However, I am wondering if I am the only person struggling with master documents.
On 19-10-15 15:11, Wiebe van der Worp wrote:
For some manuals I use master documents with satellites in Writer.
After opening such a file it always contains empty spaces and even empty
pages. It took a while to figure out how to get rid of these layout errors.
What I do:
* Open document
* Update index
* Update selection for every satellite (using navigator)
* Update index again
* Export to PDF for printing and distribution
To get an idea I've temporary placed the following screen dumps on
This solution is highly complex and unfriendly (some of these masters
contain a lot satellites), I consider not properly calculating the
layout a bug.
The documents themselves have strict style rules and only contain
bitmaps and svg's.
I can live with this solution but... Are there better solutions?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] Empty spaces in master documents...||Wiebe van der Worp <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Can't get LibreOffice 5.2.0 to Startup
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Can't get LibreOffice 5.2.0 to Startup
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Empty spaces in master documents...
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Empty spaces in master documents...