[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Empty spaces in master documents...
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Empty spaces in master documents...
- From: Wiebe van der Worp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:11:06 +0200
- To: email@example.com
For some manuals I use master documents with satellites in Writer.
After opening such a file it always contains empty spaces and even empty pages. It took a while to figure out how to get rid of these layout errors.
What I do:
* Open document
* Update index
* Update selection for every satellite (using navigator)
* Update index again
* Export to PDF for printing and distribution
To get an idea I've temporary placed the following screen dumps on http://media.vanderworp.org/.dot/.lo/:
This solution is highly complex and unfriendly (some of these masters contain a lot satellites), I consider not properly calculating the layout a bug.
The documents themselves have strict style rules and only contain bitmaps and svg's.
I can live with this solution but... Are there better solutions?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Empty spaces in master documents...||Wiebe van der Worp <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Tooo many messages on this mailing list?? How to avoid being swamped ...
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Shortcut change to display data source browser in Calc
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Microsoft outlook support number 1-844-815-2122
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Empty spaces in master documents...