I don't understand the COUNTIF() condition which is why I was looking at the
Flood Fill function to search within the sanctuary boundry. If I had a list
of X & Y coordinates defining the boundry of the sanctuary I suppose I could
search from left to right along the X-axis, then drop down one Y-axis
increment searching the inner area and looking for inner coordinates that
represented birds. I think I may be talking BASIC and you may be talking
LibreOffice.

Whether I filter the X & Y coordinates by reading a serial file in some
flavor of BASIC or process them in a spreadsheet like LibreOffice Calc is
irrelevant to me, its the algorithm to do it that I'm looking for. However I
understand this is a LibreOffice forum so I understand if that's where your
coming from. So I probably need to look up the COUNTIF() function.