Dear Philip,

For some reason this thread of discussion does not seem to help and I must confess that it is not clear to me what problem you're doing through aside that you're struggling at the download/installation phase. Would you mind following the steps below and tell us the outcome? As a precaution, delete whatever you have previously downloaded called LibreOffice or OfficeLibre.

1) point your browser (ANY BROWSER) to http://www.libreoffice.org
2) look up at the menu click on the Download section in the green menu bar (close to the title), select LibreOffice Fresh and click. 3) you're now on the download page. Click on the main installer green button. 4) you are being taken to a new page, one that asks for your donation. We rely on donations as we are a FOSS project and a non for profit organization, called The Document Foundation (http://www.documentfoundation.org ). You don't have to click on anything, you may donate later and only if you wish to. Let's keep things simple. Meanwhile, LibreOffice is downloading. 5) depending on the folder where your files are usually downloaded, LibreOffice will be there. But of course, you first need to install it. 6) double click on the LibreOffice executable program that you just downloaded and follow the instructions on screen.

LibreOffice is a full-fledged office suite, meaning, it ships with several applications such as a word processor, a spreadsheet, etc. You may learn more about LibreOffice here: https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/libreoffice/

After the installation LibreOffice components (LibreOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, etc.) should show up in your programs list in the Start menu of Windows.

IN NO CASE SHOULD YOU ATTEMPT TO DOWNLOAD LIBREOFFICE FROM ANYWHERE ELSE THAN OUR WEBSITE. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PURCHASE ANYTHING, NEITHER CONTACT MICROSOFT NOR YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER. We do offer templates, extensions, embedded help under the same conditions (no need to purchase anything again) but that is far from being required.

Please note that LibreOffice is Free Software; it does not mean free as in beer, but rather free as in speech. We are a volunteer based organization. You can learn more about Free Software here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software and here http://www.fsf.org

I hope this is helpful,

Charles.