If you can run Ubuntu on it, here is something you might be interested in.

 X.Org Apps Now Running On Ubuntu Touch/Phone

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Ubuntu-Touch-Phone-XMir-Apps

On 1/13/2015 4:04 AM, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:

Here is the thing, with my Nook tablet, I could not get any ODF editing package - i.e. Android AOO and such - since it seemed to need an external keyboard and a faster processor.

Now the Nook is giving me "troubles" that tells me it may "die" soon. SO I ordered a new tablet, one that I could afford which is to say on sale.

I ordered the following, with some of the specs shown.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9193339&sku=DOU-102596624

Double Power 10.1" Tablet
[about $120 with a 2 year accident protection warranty]

Quad Core MTK8127 1.3GHz,
Android 4.4 Kit Kat,
1024x600,
1GB RAM,
8GB Flash memory,
Bluetooth Keyboard.
[will include a 32GB microSD card]

So now it the time to look into an ODF editing package, again. Hopefully these specs will work better [though the Nook has 16GB flash], with the quad core and the newest Android package.

So, what is the "current" best ODF editing package for Android? I want to be able to just take my tablet along, instead of my laptop, to certain meetings and gatherings. So that will require a WORKING text editing package that hopefully will read/write the ODT file format and maybe the spreadsheet format as well.

Since the tablet should be in my hands Thursday or Friday, I am starting to gather a list of the apps I will be using.

The interesting part for this tablet is that is has a microphone jack, along with the headphone one, so I could actually use some type of Android video conferencing package. My Android based Nook has no cameras.

To be honest, right now I am using the Nook as a reader and TV streaming device [which helps when I am told I am being admitted into the hospital for a few days, like I was told on the 3rd]. But, with an ODF editing package, and external keyboard attached to the case, I would be able to do some "work" or at least be able to read/write emails easier from my hospital bed via their Guest WiFi. Even my doctor's office has a Guest WiFi access. I really want to do more than just read books and watch TV when I am away from my home/office setup - like spending time in a hospital bed for observation for possible heart/lung issues or for a case of pneumonia.

So any help with choosing the best ODF editing package, would be nice.