On 12/27/2014 09:14 PM, Cley Faye wrote:
A recent installation of LibreOffice is able to open almost any PDF through
the Draw module. From there, it is possible to redo the placement and
extract part of the file.

Note that it won't open in Writer (or other modules), and that opening a
PDF for editing is not a pixel-perfect process; there can be some issues
with the import (but if all you want is get a picture it's alright).

Sometimes it is better to find a free PDF editor [Windows or Linux] to do the needed editing for PDF forms and other "interactive" PDF files.

LibreOffice is a great office package, but it was not meant to do everything. [Unlike MSO wants to become]

To do "everything", LO would become a very large install that would be too packed with options that would make it too "complex" for a lot of users, since the navigation menu[s] would be so large and layered that you could get lost in them trying to find the option you want to use.

For me, I use dedicated packages for things like web page development and modification. Writer can do this, but having a package that only does HTML and web page scripting seems easier to use. I also use dedicated packages for image/photo editing and another one for "raster" based image editing. I never learned to use Draw for my needs, since I have been using other product[s] for more years than LO has been out.

I use LO a lot, but like a large percent of its users, I used it for word processing [Writer], spreadsheets [Calc], presentations [Impress]. When I go beyond the "basics" of each module, I tend to fall back to both paid and free packages that I have been using for over ten years, through the original packages and their upgrades.

We all choose the software that is best for our needs, one reason I choose LO. But unless you created a PDF form with Writer, I would use a package that was meant to edited PDF interactive forms. There are free ones out there. It is worth a look-see.