On 25-12-2014 17:55, Constantine wrote:

On 24-12-2014 21:45, Constantine wrote:

After a lot of responses how to do this in Writer,
a shortnote how to do this in Calc..... ;-)

Open the textfile, when the 'Text import' wizzard is show do:
1) Select characterset 'Unicode (UTF-8)'
2) Separater options: 'separated by', check 'Tab' and 'Space', other
options should not be checked.
3) at 'Text delimiter' type a space
4) klik 'OK'

5) Insert a column B, and fill it with a semi-colon ';'

6) Klik save-as, type a name, and check 'Edit filter settings'
7) The Export Text file' wizard should be shown.
8) Character set: 'Unicode (UTF-8)'
9) Field delimiter: space ' '
10) Text delimiter: <empty> ''
11) checkboxes: only leave 'Save cell content as shown' checked.....

Hi Luuk,

I am afraid this doesn't work. I thought of it myself and also tried it at
the beginning of my work.
As I said, Terms consist of 2-5 words, so when using space as separator
there is no way to insert a column (especially B) for the semicolon. Besides
definitions are sometimes so long with so many spaces, that calc reports not
being able to create enough columns for the whole content.

The fact that Terms consist of 2-5 words is not in your first post....

i just found it in your post from 'Wed, 24 Dec 2014 16:11:38 -0700 (MST), where you say that this is 'not important'....
Indeed there where terms with two words or something like this:

a.D. (außer Dienst) εκτός υπηρεσίας, εν αποστρατεία

where "(außer Dienst)" belongs to "a.D."
Which is not bad because "(außer Dienst)" in the second field is more
usefull to me (us).

For the fewer cases with two or more german words at the beginning, well, I
think we will survive that and be able to correct it manually.

The correct and professional way is what Brian suggested and I was looking
for.
Now I can use these expressions in the future too because the need for their
usage occurs very often in mine kind of work.

The correct, and professional way is certainly NOT to store these thing in a DOC, a database would be far more suited.

A slight variation of my approach will also work in Calc. Because you seem not interested in this solution, i will not share it here.