On 21/12/14 00:05, anne-ology wrote:
        Maybe - maybe not - I'm understanding your question ...
            (I'm still using LO 3.4)

        If you're referring to 'hiding' slides,
            then these slides should not produce any flash; the PP should
merely skip right over these.

        Could you have inserted a slide which appears for a fraction of a
second?; this should show in edit mode though.

        Could the video itself be so embedded with that elusive split-second
slide?; a video editor may or may not be of any help - if this is the case,
then you might end up either not correcting the problem or deleting part of
the video.

Sorry, you've not understood my question; maybe I was unclear.

On one slide on the middle of a presentation, there's a video placed ("Insert | Movie & Sound"). While editing, this shows either some arbitrary frame from within the video or a grey box with a question mark (well, you need to see something to grab!). Call this 'Exhibit X'.

The video plays automatically when the slide appears.

Looking more carefully, it appears that when this slide is shown, 'Exhibit X' is shown while until slide transitions are complete, then the video runs. 'Exhibit X' is shown briefly even if there is no transition set. It also reverts to 'exhibit X' after the video is done and while while the slide disappears.

This makes an unacceptable flicker at start and end of the video.

Incidentally, I've just been trying the presentation on a 32-bit laptop - similar problem, except I /also/ get a white flash. (Embarrassing when I'm using it in front of a dedicated Powerpoint user :-( )

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England