You need to delete the "*" after "_audio.aps" or it come up as Page Not Found.

That page "states" that MP3 seems the best audio type for cross-platform [browser] usage.

If your audio file is not in that format, there are free audio converters for Windows and should be one of two in Linux [but have not looked for Linux since I have one on my Win7 laptop].

This sample for that page with some other text from that page.
Having the audio controls is helpful for those who do not want to listen to the embeded audio.
The HTML <audio> Element

To play an audio file in HTML, use the <audio> element:
Example
<audio controls>
  <source src="horse.ogg" type="audio/ogg">
  <source src="horse.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
Your browser does not support the audio element.
</audio>

HTML Audio - How It Works

The controls attribute adds audio controls, like play, pause, and volume.

Multiple <source> elements can link to different audio files. The browser will use the first recognized format.