Le 17/12/2014 18:07, Joel Madero a écrit :

Hi Joel,

- checked whether a value existed in another table via a parameterized
query,
Do you have an example of how to do this? The online documentation is
quite scarce for base :-/

Unfortunately, this was in a previous life of mine, and I didn't get to
keep the code or the ODB file :-/

I can only suggest the following that might help you further :

- Robert Grosskopf's Guide to Base (this is currently the documentation
projects official Base Guide / Handbook) - ther emight well be something
in there for you

- Roberto Benitez' book on using OOBasic for programming Base for
OpenOffice.org ;

 - Andrew Pitonyak's experiences of using Basic with Base in his PDF book.

Also, I'm pretty certain that the kind of question you're asking has
been posted on the OpenOffice.org forum - there are some very capable db
people over there, that have cried tears of sweat and blood over Base in
the past, and continue to do so today, offering help to the lonely,
needy, and lost ;-)

Well the button is basically "Book is Part of Series" - this opens a new
form "Series" which allows me to then either select a series that's
already entered, or if it's a new series that I'm just starting, allows
me to create a new series entry and attaches the bookID to that series.

Ah, OK, I understand a bit better now. Definitely read through the Base
Handbook / Guide, and especially Robert's Media database ODB file.
Additionally, I really would suggest a trawl through the OOo forum.

Personally, I'm kind of moving away from LO Base as a front end - for
me, it needs to behave reliably over even minor version changes, and
experience has shown that, unfortunately, the fast pace of code change
in the LO project doesn't allow that to be the case.

Good luck,

Alex