At 19:49 04/11/2014 -0800, Jake Ingalls wrote:
Ok, here is the issue to the best of my ability to explain.

I fear you may have fallen into the common error of explaining and showing clearly what you *don't* want but not what you do!

I am trying to print a booklet using LibreOffice's "Brochure" print function. It issue is that I don't want my booklet a whole half page. I used margins to set the page size I need.

A brochure prints so that you can fold the resulting printed sheets in half to create the booklet. If you fold any size sheet in half, you necessarily get a booklet which is half the sheet size. To put it another way, the paper size you use needs to be twice the required booklet size.

The issue is when I print, it prints a huge gap in the middle (Which I know is the left margin I set). I also tried setting different margins for the left and right pages (both
ways) and can't get it to solve the problem.

So what *is* the problem? If you want a smaller page size, you need buy smaller paper. If you want to be able to trim your final booklet to a smaller size, your second picture would appear to show exactly what you need. Do you mean that you just want your smaller page text areas to be centred within the larger pages - in other words simply with large text margins? You can do that easily, simply by setting appropriate page margins.

By the way, the page size set in your document should be the smaller brochure page size, not the printed sheet size. Is that what you are doing?

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker