On 09/30/2014 09:48 AM, Sophie wrote:
Hi Paul,
Le 30/09/2014 15:38, Paul a écrit :

[...]

The other solution, to make it *easy* to install side-by-side versions,
should be done irrespective of the terminology, but I realise that will
take considerably longer to implement. Although it still should be
recognised as an important part of this puzzle.
This is very easy on Windows with the SI GUI, see here
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Server_Install_GUI

and see here for Linux where it's also really easy:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel
Actually there is an easier way to install multiple versions of LibreOffice on a computer using Debian versions complete with multiple configure folders. They are installed in the /opt/ folder as before. Version 4.0.x is put in the libreoffice4.0 folder, Version 4.1.x is put in the libreoffice4.1 folder, version 4.2.x is put in the libreoffice4.2 folder, and version 4.3.x is put in the libreoffice 4.3 folder of /opt/. (I presently have three folders for libreoffice versions: libreoffice4.1, libreoffice4.2, and libreoffice4.3.) To be able to use these three versions at the same time I have modified the bootstraprc file found in the program folder of each libreoffice folder. The last line of this file contains this line:

UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/libreoffice/4.x

By changing the 4.x at the end of this line to match the number contained in its libreoffice folder. The location of the bootstraprc file is
/opt/libreoffice4.x/program/bootstraprc.
So specifically, my three libreoffice folders contain the following files:

/opt/libreoffice4.1/program/bootstraprc which contains the last line UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/libreoffice/4.1 /opt/libreoffice4.2/program/bootstraprc which contains the last line UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/libreoffice/4.2 /opt/libreoffice4.3/program/bootstraprc which contains the last line UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/libreoffice/4.3

Note: to do this requires a person has administrative privileges.

Dan

Kind regards
Sophie