Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: LibreOffice Still?

Hi :)
Yes, "Fresh" is stable but because it's had new features added we can
expect to find that some things that don't so well in "Fresh" and yet still
find that they work perfectly fine in "Still".

To many of us that all sounds like a lot of politicians, or marketing,
double-speak.

Obviously what normal users users think of as stable is different from what
devs think of. To most of us "Stable" means that functionality that we
have grown used to still works just fine. That is clearly different from
what the devs mean.

The recent Rtf question is a classic example. The "Still" branch carries
on working with it just fine. The "Fresh" branch seems to have a problem
with it. To most of us that is an example of the "Fresh" branch being less
reliable, less stable, than the "Still" branch.

However the "Fresh" branch DOES have tons of advantages and i imagine that
many, many people would choose "Fresh" rather than "Still" in many, many
cases. Just not to unsupported technophobes who are new to OpenSource.
Regards from
Tom :)