[libreoffice-users] Re: LO Writer (Linux): Way to do text search in set of documents?

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:30:22 +0000, I wrote:

> Error window saying "Can't create document".
>
> No hint of why not, so not sure what to try next...
> (Presumably there is some minimum structure missing, but what?!)

OK - cracked it!

Dumped that 'Master Documents' info doc and used instead:

http://www.tutorialsforopenoffice.org/tutorial/Create_A_Master_Document.
html

from which I was able to easily:

- Create an empty master doc.
- Used the Navigator to insert the names of files to be joined up as
one overall doc.

Now, when I bring up the master doc., I'm invited to choose between
updating the master doc (e.g. add more file names, delete, re-order),
or request that the current content of the files listed be brought in
and concatenated as one document (which I can then do Finds on).

Happy bunny! :-)

Many thanks for all your various suggestions. much appreciated...
--
/\/\aurice