[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: LO Writer (Linux): Way to do text search in set of documents?
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: LO Writer (Linux): Way to do text search in set of documents?
- From: Maurice <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 17:05:34 +0000 (UTC)
- To: email@example.com
On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:30:22 +0000, I wrote:
> Error window saying "Can't create document".
> No hint of why not, so not sure what to try next...
> (Presumably there is some minimum structure missing, but what?!)
OK - cracked it!
Dumped that 'Master Documents' info doc and used instead:
from which I was able to easily:
- Create an empty master doc.
- Used the Navigator to insert the names of files to be joined up as
one overall doc.
Now, when I bring up the master doc., I'm invited to choose between
updating the master doc (e.g. add more file names, delete, re-order),
or request that the current content of the files listed be brought in
and concatenated as one document (which I can then do Finds on).
Happy bunny! :-)
Many thanks for all your various suggestions. much appreciated...
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Data loss in Math in LO Writer: Some Formulas irrecoverably lost every now and then
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: LO Writer (Linux): Way to do text search in set of documents?
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: LO Writer (Linux): Way to do text search in set of documents?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: LO Writer (Linux): Way to do text search in set of documents?