On 8/23/2014 4:20 AM, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:

I thought these appearances of products tend to be paid for my the companies pushing their
products.

Whilst product placement is fairly common, there are instances where
either the director, or executive producer does not want to deal with
the issues related to product placement, in a specific scene, sequence,
or sub-plot.

Coke does this as well as other companies, since it is a type of
advertising.

I've forgotten which TV series it was, but there was a scene where the
stars were discussing a computer problem that only happens with
Microsoft products.  One could clearly see the distinctive Apple Logo on
their desktops.

I really think that we should look into "how" these "spots" on TV and in movies came about.

Serendipity.

jonathon
--
ODF: Your documents, your language, your way.