On Fri, 15 Aug 2014, "J. Van Brimmer" wrote:

I am just a lone user of LibreOffice. I joined this list in the hopes
of learning more about it and how to use it more efficiently. These
kinds of conversations do not belong on this list and quite frankly,
waste my time. I would like to suggest that if anyone wants to send an
off topic message to this list, just insert [OT] at the beginning of
the subject line. That way, I can readily delete it without wasting
any time, opening and reading it. I do not say this to pinpoint
anyone, just a suggestion to help make reading the list more
efficient.

After typing the above paragraph, I went to find out how to insert
[OT] in the subject line. Cannot be done here in Gmail on a Reply
message. But, it certainly could be done on an original message (from
Gmail, that is).

it should be possible on gmail. there's a funny left-pointing arrow indicating reply. there is also a very small downward pointing arrow - click on that for a drop-down menu which includes 'edit subject' or the equivalent for your locale.

f.