On 08/14/2014 03:03 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
I think it restricts the type of data that can be entered.

Similar to the date one the numbers one probably wont allow text.  Text
ones will allow numbers but will format them as text so you probably can't
easily do calculations on them.

Errr, wouldn't this be easier as a database?  Forms and Reports should be
easier but that is only part of what you are doing there.  Maybe get Base
to read the spreadsheets as it's Tables/back-end?  I'm really not sure and
i'm sure you have explored various ideas to find the best fit for now.

Regards from
Tom :)

I was asking about the different types of data strictly from a programing perspective. If I use all text fields I imagine I will have to convert text to numbers and dates to put them in formatted cells. I was wondering if using numeric and date fields would save me from doing the conversion. Just doing a little preplanning. If no one knows, I'll just do some experimenting.

It is a fairly complex multi-sheet spreadsheet that right now forces me to enter some data in more than one place. The sheets are constantly changing so I don't see any way to directly link the cells on the various sheets so I thought a macro was the way to go.

Regards,  Jim