Hi :)
openSuSE probably allows you to install all the basic Microsquish fonts in
a single package.  In Ubuntu it's called ttf-mscorefonts-installer although
i have a feeling that it's renamed in Ubuntu and that all other distros use
the same name as each other with only Ubuntu going it's own way.

You can probably find the correct package most easily by opening your
package-manager and then using it's search feature to look for
trebuchet
verdana
comic sans
or one of the other slightly unusual fonts.  I suspect that searching for
"Arial" or "Times New Roman" would probably bring up tons of free
equivalents instead and those might still have the tiny discrepancy.

Another thing to have checked is that;
Format - Page - Page
really is set to A4 just before you try to print it.  The problem is
usually the other way around, ie that Windows users are set to US Letter by
default and everyone else is set to A4.  However it sounds like it might be
the other way around for once.

At least the person sending out the document is trying to be compatible
with other people.  The Xls format is usually the one that does work with
other programs and suites.  Problems usually only happen with XlsX.
However all editable formats, especially Microsquish ones, do have slight
differences on different machines.

Kingsoft is trying to follow along behind Microsquish Office but is always
lagging behind and can't innovate or get ahead.  That alone could lead it
to slowly die through stagnation.  Another potential problem with Kingsoft
is that if it keeps following MS Office tooo closely then MS might be able
to shut it down due to copyright violations.  Being based in China might
protect them from that but it might become difficult to use or develop (or
translate) in the rest of the world.  Right now it is a good temporary
solution to have alongside LibreOffice.  There is nothing forcing you to
have only 1, unless your machine is VERY low spec.

I think i would use Kingsoft ONLY if i had big problems with a specific
document in LO and even then only use it to convert DocX or XlsX into a
better format for LO to use.  So far i've been fairly lucky.

Anyway, glad to hear you fixed the immediate problem!
Congrats and regards from
Tom :)