[libreoffice-users] Re: MAC: 4.3.0.4 Info.plist version confusion

Le 30/07/2014 15:20, Markus Jansen a écrit :

Hi Markus,

> I just wanted to check out the new libreOffice with a Mac and found out
> that in the Info.plist - file the key "CFBundleShortVersionString" is
> 4.3.4 in contrast to the "CFBundleGetInfoString" which is 4.3.0.4 (see
> the third digit: zero).
>
> Why is this? Just the shorten the version string to 3 digits? And if a
> future long version will be 4.3.1.3, will the short one be 4.3.1, which
> is smaller than the older one (4.3.4)? Such things makes automatic
> software deployment even harder.

It might just be an error, or it might be linked to the hope of getting
LibreOffice onto the Apple store - I seem to recall that there is some
kind of version naming convention for that.

The best place to ask your question would be on the dev irc channel or
the dev mailing list.

Alex