[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] LO Writer: Highlighting; setting page properties; some more nitpicking
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO Writer: Highlighting; setting page properties; some more nitpicking
- From: Jon Harringdon <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:26:37 +0100
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
Brian Barker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> At 15:40 30/07/2014 +0100, Jon Harringdon wrote:
> >I often highlight some text and have to un-highlight it a little
> >later. This should work like setting/resetting italic or bold
> >attributes: pressing the highlight icon does highlight the marked
> >text and pressing it again (with the same text marked) should remove
> >the highlight.
> Surely toggling makes sense only if there are only two choices
> available: highlighted or not highlighted? But that's not so:
> instead, there is a wide range of colours available for highlighting.
> You'll notice that the chosen colour does stick. Evidently the
> designers though it was more likely that users would want to
> highlight other parts of the text with the same colour than to change
> their minds and remove previous highlighting.
I completely understand what you're saying and I agree. The point here
is that your idea how it should work and my idea are not at all
incompatible. I'd simply like an extension to how highlighting is
if (selected_text_is_hilited && selected_text_hilitecolour ==
> It occurs to me that you are probably misusing this facility.
That may well be the case. However, I've been misusing this facility for
decades now and I'm not going to change my misusing it any time soon...
muscle memory and all that.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] LO Writer: Highlighting; setting page properties; some more nitpicking||Jon Harringdon <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Hyphen Printing Problem in Writer??
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO Writer: Highlighting; setting page properties; some more nitpicking
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: LO Writer: Highlighting; setting page properties; some more nitpicking
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] No database option