[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] LO Writer: Highlighting; setting page properties; some more nitpicking
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO Writer: Highlighting; setting page properties; some more nitpicking
- From: Brian Barker <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:19:50 +0100
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 15:40 30/07/2014 +0100, Jon Harringdon wrote:
I often highlight some text and have to un-highlight it a little later. This should work like setting/resetting italic or bold attributes: pressing the highlight icon does highlight the marked text and pressing it again (with the same text marked) should remove the highlight.
Surely toggling makes sense only if there are only two choices available: highlighted or not highlighted? But that's not so: instead, there is a wide range of colours available for highlighting. You'll notice that the chosen colour does stick. Evidently the designers though it was more likely that users would want to highlight other parts of the text with the same colour than to change their minds and remove previous highlighting.
It occurs to me that you are probably misusing this facility. Highlighting appears in the printout: it is a formatting facility, not something used to mark some text temporarily whilst you are working. Have you tried comments? Go to Insert | Comment (or Ctrl+Alt+C). Type a comment (or just some random letter or two). You will see the selected text highlighted - but conveniently in such a way as will not print. When you wish to remove this marking, click the down-arrow in the comment box and select Delete Comment. You don't even need to select the marked text again!
Either I'm too thick ...
I wouldn't assume that.
These are not bugs of course, just suggestions that'd make things a little easier. Is this the best way of posting such things?
It's perfectly sensible to start here with a discussion of your ideas, but to suggest enhancements you need to do so at the web site. Start at https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/ .
I trust this helps.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] LO Writer: Highlighting; setting page properties; some more nitpicking||Jon Harringdon <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Bug check - 4.2.4, editing Input fields is broken?
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] No database option
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] LO Writer: Highlighting; setting page properties; some more nitpicking
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO Writer: Highlighting; setting page properties; some more nitpicking