[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function
- From: Brian Barker <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 01:06:31 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I think I've tracked down the problem but not the answer....
My full statement is - =IF(H44="AUG",Paid.D21,"")
Paid.D21 is the value I want to insert if the month is correct.
H44 contains the month, ie AUG - and this seems to be the problem. It is a pull-down list of months. If I enter the month by hand the IF statement works but with it being a pull-down list it does not work.
The only obvious possibility is that your selection list does not include exactly "AUG". Does it perhaps have a trailing blank or blanks? If so, either correct the list or modify the formula to refer to TRIM(H44) instead.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function||Ian Whitfield <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function||Brian Barker <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function||Ian Whitfield <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] SumIF / SumProduct question
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function