[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function
- From: Brian Barker <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 21:45:15 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
At 17:43 29/07/2014 +0200, Ian Whitfield wrote:
I'm using a lot of IF functions in my Spreadsheets to limit DIV and NAME errors with rows that don't have values in them yet. I came across a situation today where I need to test text - ie I need to test for a month's name. I tried =IF(Cell Ref="AUG",do calculation."") But this gives NAME error. Is it possible to test text in this way?
Yes. The only thing wrong with your example is the dot separating the second and third arguments - which presumably should be a comma. There is nothing in the basic structure you are illustrating here that would stimulate a #NAME? error, so the problem must be in your cell reference or the "do calculation" - the parts you've not shown.
I trust this helps.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function||Ian Whitfield <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function||Ian Whitfield <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Hyphen Printing Problem in Writer??
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function