[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function
- From: Ian Whitfield <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 17:43:56 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm using a lot of IF functions in my Spreadsheets to limit DIV and NAME errors with rows that don't have values in them yet.
I came across a situation today where I need to test text - ie I need to test for a month's name.
I tried =IF(Cell Ref="AUG",do calculation."")
But this gives NAME error.
Is it possible to test text in this way? Can't find anything with a Google on this.
PClinuxOS KDE 32-bit (latest); LO 184.108.40.206
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function||Brian Barker <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function||Jean-Francois Nifenecker <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Libreoffice for Android?
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Another migration!
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Libreoffice for Android?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Text in an IF function