"Charles-H. Schulz" <charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

Now you will tell me that it is easier to type LO than it is with LibreOffice. Perhaps. But
everyone here writes MS Office...

Anyway the point I am trying to make is that LO does not mean anything and sends the wrong
message. We are not "low" , we are not "hello", we are libre people. Ans when I say we I lean
everyone here.

-1.

I am completely new to the world of LO, OOo and the other variants
(still haven't the foggiest as to what is AOO and can't be bothered to
google it) although I am a long-term user of MS Office (which I
sometimes have been known to shorten to MSO).

However, I have absolutely no reason to stick with MS software; in fact,
I am actively trying to get way from them and the ONLY two principles
guiding this effort are 1) Is the replacement as capable as the stuff I
currently use? and 2) Is my long-term productivity at least the same as
it was with the stuff I currently use?

IOW, I am a 100% pragmatist and not in the least interested in the
"politics" of various FOSS proponents. You may not like that but that's
the way it is for many people.

Back to topic. It came natural to me to shorten LibreOffice to LO and
so, I assume, it'll be with others. Use (and abuse) of "nicknames" and
abbrev. is very rarely, if ever, in the domain of the person or "thing"
concerned. What's more, I am convinced that attempts to impose naming
conventions and suchlike will, in the long run, backfire.

As to "LO" vs "low", I have never even made that connection and I
actually feel it's faintly ridiculous to so. I think it'd be much better
to invest time and effort to make LO a better product, in itself and
also as far as the documentation and other "external bits" are concerned
than to waste time with ultimately fruitless naming discussions. IMHO,
YMMV etc.

I'll stick with LO for reasons of brevity.

Jon