[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] LO Writer fails to respect page formatting settings when printing
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] LO Writer fails to respect page formatting settings when printing
- From: Harvey Nimmo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 15:08:33 +0200
- To: email@example.com
I apologise from the start if the subject of this thread has already bee
thrashed to death in this forum. It guess I pay detailed attention to
what is going on only when it affects me directly.
I am discovering a number of page formatting problems with LO Writer
which are nearly driving me nuts. I have tried turning so many knobs and
am beginning to lose my sense of direction!
I am using LO Version: 184.108.40.206 on OpenSuse 13.1
I want to print a two-page A4 document, the first page being portrait
the second landscape. The pages are separated by a page break so that LO
Writer displays them properly. On printing these two pages I face two
1) the second (landscape) page is printed in portrait with the text on
the right being cut off
2) the page margins (default 2x2x2x2 cm) are not respected. At least the
top margin is ignored (= 0 cm) on the printed page. The left margin
seems OK, if a bit tight (=1.9 cm)
Two printers (one Brother, one HP) both give me a similar result.
If I print the document to a pdf file, the result looks perfect on the
screen, and indeed, with respect to the two problems above, even the
printed result looks OK. However, the characters printed out on paper
are not all identical to those in the pdf file, depending on the choice
of font. I have decided to abandon the 'print to file alternative' for
the time being, to concentrate on the direct printing variant.
Can anyone tell me what is going on in LO Writer?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] Re: LO Writer fails to respect page formatting settings when printing||Harvey Nimmo <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Google Spreadsheet and LibreOffice calc compatibility
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Google Spreadsheet and LibreOffice calc compatibility
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Google Spreadsheet and LibreOffice calc compatibility
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: LO Writer fails to respect page formatting settings when printing