All,

I have been collecting data for over a year in Calc.  I will be rolling
over to Base to use the data more effectively.  However, Base has some
drawbacks that I need some help with.  I have been using the Calc data
to create graphs of some of the data.  I did not see a way to do this in
Base directly, so my first question is what is the best way to create
graphics in the Base reports?  For example, imagine a report that shows
the temperature highs and lows of  a month, along with the average and
devation along with a graph of the daily temperature.  I can see that
Calc can be used, but that approach seems like a lot of work, and may
not be able to be extensively automated.  I'm also aware of a data
visualization program called R.  I have not used R, and don't know if it
will integrate with Base, or replace the Base report altogehter.  So I
would like some comments of the best way forward for my project.

Thanks,
Dave
--
  dave boland