Hi :)
It's a "how long is a piece of string" type question.

The simple answer is yes - they both use the same languages, systems,
protocols and formats.  However, LibreOffice has been substantially
rewritten and has developed fast over the few years that it's been around
now.  Almost everyting that had been written in Java is now written in
something more reliable such as Python or C++.  Some people say the 2
programs are hugely different now even if they appear to look the same on
the surface to most of us normal users.

Clever Extensions/Add-on/Plug-in writers may have written their code to be
flexible enough to cope with the quite radical changes but some may not
have foreseen so much change.  Also some Extensions may have been written
in the past few years to help with functionality which LO does have but OO
doesn't.  Some of the older Extensions written for OO that don't work might
be easy for a dev to upgrade to work on both but some are under proprietary
licenses and may need the original devs to do the upgrade.  For the most
part they might well be pleased to hear that people are still keen on their
Extensions and might well help.

Regards from
Tom :)