[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Default printer issues in Writer
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Default printer issues in Writer
- From: Mark Bourne <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 22:26:56 +0100
- To: email@example.com
I have an issue with one of my end users where Writer is not defaulting to
the printer which is set as default in Windows. I have tried a number of
things including reinstalling LibreOffice and reinstalling the printer.
Initially, reinstalling the printer resolved the issue for about a day, but
then the issue showed up again, and reinstalling the printer didn’t fix it a
second time. If anyone has any other suggestions for possible solutions, I
would be grateful.
A couple of thoughts...
Some printer information seems to be saved in the document. I find that if the document is saved after printing, and the same printer is still available next time you print it, that one is selected by default. If the printer has been removed, or the document is opened on a different system where that printer doesn't exist, it probably selects the system default.
Some applications remember the last printer you used, and select it by default regardless of the system default. I think Firefox does that. Don't know if LibreOffice does.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Default printer issues in Writer||Steve Edmonds <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Default printer issues in Writer||"Brian A. Colucci" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-users] Default printer issues in Writer||musik7 <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Default printer issues in Writer
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Default printer issues in Writer
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Default printer issues in Writer
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Default printer issues in Writer