[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] LO on La Gendarmerie Nationale computers ?
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO on La Gendarmerie Nationale computers ?
- From: James Knott <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 13:34:44 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Barker wrote:
> At 18:14 03/10/2013 +0200, M Henri Day wrote:
>> Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols has published an interesting article,
>> *French police move from Windows to Ubuntu Linux* (
>> ), over at ZDNet. It deals explicitly with a migration from Windows
>> XP to a «customized version of Ubuntu Linux», but if, as I presume,
>> LO is included as the standard office suite, ...
> Perhaps not.
> (from 2009) says
>> The Gendarmerie began its transition to open source software in 2005
>> when it replaced Microsoft Office with OpenOffice.org across the
>> entire organization. It gradually adopted other open source software
>> applications, including Firefox and Thunderbird. After the launch of
>> Windows Vista in 2006, it decided to phase out Windows and
>> incrementally migrate to Ubuntu.
Either way, they're not using Microsoft Office. They're using open
source software that's supported on multiple platforms and share common
standardized file formats. This ends the MS lock in for them.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] LO on La Gendarmerie Nationale computers ?||M Henri Day <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] LO on La Gendarmerie Nationale computers ?||Brian Barker <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO on La Gendarmerie Nationale computers ?
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO on La Gendarmerie Nationale computers ?
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO on La Gendarmerie Nationale computers ?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO on La Gendarmerie Nationale computers ?