Le 09/03/13 01:20 AM, F Glopez a écrit :

Hi Jay,

I did what you proposed ...

I added  ppa:libreoffice/ppa  to my
sources , looked for libreoffice-kde package, installed it and some
of its dependencies ( a couple of upstream packages had to be removed
) .

Unfortunately it seems LibreOffice
upstream packages didn't cohabited properly with  ppa:libreoffice/ppa ones ( LibreOffice didn't
even started ) , so ... I fully
uninstalled upstream LibreOffice and finally installed LO 4.0.1 from
ppa:libreoffice/ppa .

Well, I have to say something ...  I
had initially decided installing LO from upstream after almost two
years running with  ppa:libreoffice/ppa . I decided to made this
change after suffering several problems regarding 'Partial Upgrades'
, this is a very unconfortable issue where you have to uninstall
quite a lot of packages to reinstall them again and ... even in that
position, you may be unable to upgrade your LO version.

I have decided to give a last
opportunity to  ppa:libreoffice/ppa , but either way, I believe the
proper solution would be to include 'KDE Integration' packages on
LibreOffice upstream.

Does anybody know if this is a
plausible/planned solution ?

Thanks a lot.

Although I do not use "Ubuntu" linux, I use Mageia2 Linux with KDE. I install the "freedesktop menus" that are found in the "Desktop Integration" file folder, and the menus work well with KDE.

I am not sure if this would work with Ubuntu.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré