Thanks Alex!!I think this will do the trick nicely. Unfortunately, it looks
like I can't access my images by way of the Google Drive folder I have them
stored in. However, when I tried using a generic picture over at the
National Geographic website, it loaded just fine.Now I just have to come up
with a proper Badge formatted .odt file so the pictures fall where they need
to fall!!For anyone looking to resolve this, here is a detailed outline of
what I did to accomplish what I wanted:I - Create document with final layout
A: LibreOffice Text document format (.odt)II - Create spreadsheet with
information to be merged (.ods) A: Create column headers in first row   B:
Anny photographs need to be {{FILENAME}}III - Create databae from
spreadsheet information (.odb)  A: Connect to existing database B: Select
Spreadsheet     C: Make sure to select YES to register the database     D: Save
database        E: Confirm info has been added to database              i: Click on Tables
    ii:
Double-Click on SheetIV - Open layout document (.odt)   A: Select "View" -->
"Data Sources" (shortcut: f4)   B: Choose database created in Step III  C:
Select Tables   D: Select Sheet1 (database records will appear to immediate
right of data sources   E: Drag column header to place in layout document
(.odt) where you want it inserted       G: Save layout document after inserting
remaining column headersV - Create a merged document    A: Select "File" -->
"Print" A: Select YES when asked if you want to print as a Form Letter  B:
Select Output into a File       C: Select Save as Single Document       D: Save merged
document                i: Use different name so you don't overwrite original           ii: Can
change to .pdf format if not inserting any photographsVI - Insert
photographs into document       A: Open newly saved document (.odt)     B: Select
"Tools" --> "Extension Manager" --> "Text2pic"          i: If Text2pic extension is
not installed, download it from:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/fr/project/text2pic   C: Select
"Options"               i: Set Root folder or URL to root folder of where images are
stored                  a: If set to blank, image column entries needs to be the full path
in spreadsheet          ii: Set front and back delimeter to what was used in
spreadsheet             iii: Checkmark "Resize inserted images"                 a: Select proper
Resize Mode                     b: Set height and/or width parameters           iv: Click on
Picture"                        a: Select image to display for broken photo links       D: Click OK
    E:
Click CLOSE     F: Select "Tools" --> "Add-Ons" --> "Convert Text to Picture"   G:
Save merged document            i: Use different name so you don't overwrite
originalHOPE THAT HELPS SOMEONE!!!!
Alexander Thurgood wrote
...No that won't work on its own because you're attempting to define
asecondary data source (i.e. for the images) "by reference" to
theunderlying file system and LO doesn't know how to process that kind
ofinformation, which in essence is saying something like : "take
thischaracter string, consider it to be a file, open the file and
parse(stream) its contents so that it gets interpreted and displayed as
animage".At the moment, the only way to directly display images from a
datasourceare through Forms or Reports, and these are not tied into the
mailmergecapabilities, otherwise you need a macro to do the lifting work
for you......the following extension... seems to be almost identical to
whatyou want
:http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/fr/project/text2pic