[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] [Announce] HyperSQL 2.2.8 Released
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] [Announce] HyperSQL 2.2.8 Released
- From: Andreas Säger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:27:53 +0200
- To: email@example.com
HyperSQL was selected as the SourceForge Project of the Month for January 2012 and is featured on SourceForge.net home page. An interview with core developers is published here.
HyperSQL 2.2.8 Released
HSQLDB (HyperSQL DataBase) is the leading SQL relational database engine written in Java. It supports nearly full ANSI-92 SQL (BNF format) and full core SQL:2008. It offers a small, fast multithreaded and transactional database engine with in-memory and disk-based tables and supports embedded and server modes. It includes tools such as a command line SQL tool and GUI query tools.
HSQLDB supports the widest range of SQL Standard features seen in any open source database engine: SQL:2008 core language features and an extensive list of SQL:2008 optional features. Many extensions to the Standard, including features of other popular database engines, are also supported.
HyperSQL is a platform independent Java program which does not require any installation. Just extract the downloaded zip archive to some place and add ./lib/hsqldb.jar to the Java class path in the LibreOffice options.
HyperSQL 2.2.8 is downward compatible with the embedded database engine of LibreOffice.
You can easily convert your embedded databases to real ones which gives you several advantages:
- A modern database engine with more functionality than the embedded version 1.8.
- A high level of data safety because the database will not be destroyed when the office crashes which is a big issue with embedded LibreOffice databases.
- Security by means of user privileges and optional data encryption. Embedded HSQLDB provides full access to anyone.
- You can start the database engine as a service and connect multiple LibreOffice clients with different user log-ins. Encrypted connections are supported.
- And you can connect LibreOffice to the local copy of HyperSQL directly (cached mode analog to the embedded database).
For a better Base experience!
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] Re: [Announce] HyperSQL 2.2.8 Released||avamk <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice/OpenOffice - bullets/numbering between Open* formats and MicroSoft
- Next by Date: Fwd: ooops Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice 3.5.2 corrupting .doc files
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice/OpenOffice - bullets/numbering between Open* formats and MicroSoft
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: [Announce] HyperSQL 2.2.8 Released