Hi :)
Yes, thanks Doug.  In Xp its

Start "button" - "Control Panel" - "Add/Remove Programs"

but it can't add programs and does a really bad job of removing them.  Usually programs provide
their own uninstaller but again those seem to be less than great.  I think Revo-uninstaller is the
one i was looking for so thanks guys for that suggestion :)

I have a feeling that i really need to reinstall Windows after deleting it's partition and then
apply all the updates and reinstall just the programs we need without the tons of junk that got
added but that could take days and days on the slow machine.  Plus the installer Cds are missing
for some of the programs.  So, i was hoping i could avoid it.  Revo might be the key.

Many thanks all! :)
Regards from
Tom :)