[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Bug: Setting $DATA causes LibreOffice to crash
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Bug: Setting $DATA causes LibreOffice to crash
- From: Keith Thompson <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:01:13 -0800
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Keith Thompson <Keith.S.Thompson@gmail.com>
Quick summary: Setting the environment variable $DATA causes
LibreOffice to crash.
I'm using LibreOffice version 3.3.4 on Ubuntu 11.04.
Help > About says;
tag libreoffice-126.96.36.199, Ubuntu package 1:3.3.4-0ubuntu1
I normally set an environment variable $DATA to the full name of a
directory (for purposes unrelated to LibreOffice). I've found that
when this environment variable is set, LibreOffice refuses to run.
When I run the command "libreoffice" from the command line, it shows
the splash screen, then terminates with an error message:
terminate called after throwing an instance of
(Incidentally, it doesn't set a non-zero exit status.)
I've worked around the problem by changing the name of my environment
variable from $DATA to $DAT, but I suggest that LibreOffice shouldn't
misbehave if $DATA is set -- or, at the very least, that it should
give me an error message telling me how to work around the problem.
(It took me a long time to figure out that the problem was caused by
an environment variable, and a while longer to narrow down which one.)
I've downloaded the source code to try to track down the problem.
I haven't completely diagnosed it, but I suspect that the
culprit is the Components::parseXcsXcuIniLayer() function in
if (ini.getFrom(rtl::OUString(RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM("DATA")), urls))
parseFileList(layer + 1, &parseXcuFile, urls, ini, recordAdditions);
I also wonder whether some other seemingly innocuous environment
variables might cause similar problems.
I saw a similar problem in OpenOffice.
Keith Thompson <Keith.S.Thompson@gmail.com>
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] Re: Bug: Setting $DATA causes LibreOffice to crash||Keith Thompson <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Bug: Setting $DATA causes LibreOffice to crash||Stephan Zietsman <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Headings with custom list not working
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Your mailing list thinks my subscription attempt is spam!
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Headings with custom list not working
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Bug: Setting $DATA causes LibreOffice to crash