Sometime ago, I wrote to this list when I was developing an Extension
for automating some tasks for fellow lecturers using spreadsheets to
compute School Results. I was advocating migration from MS-Office to
LibO for my colleagues because they knew little about spreadsheets and
were using mostly pirated software.

The adventure, so far, has been intriguing and fraught with challenges.
The solution was not new.  I was porting something I did in 2006 from
VBA to Python for LibO -- an opportunity to test my skills in python for
real.  The new one is better implemented.

On Thursday,September 8, 2011, I formally presented the update to the
Department of Architecture in Enugu State University, Nigeria.  It was
totally welcomed.  That means LibO is staying as far as the department
is concerned.  I have Hanya to thank for this progress.  Please see:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=43492

I aim to push LibO further than that.  I'm being asked to document the
Extension.  To do that, I need to replace the generic icons I used in my
demo/beta toolbar with something unique.  The adventure is now on *phase
two*.

Questions:
Why is LibO requiring magenta (0xFF00FF) to interpret transparency for
toolbar icons? The wiki states that it (imageidentifier) is deprecated
yet all attempts to use the 'images' configuration branch fail.  With
'images' branch, transparencies in PNG are supported.  Why can't I get
this to work?  Anybody interested in seeing a sample of my addon.xcu file???

Is there a way to ensure macro privacy/invisibility even for extensions
installed by users (not administrators)?.  This is one area VBA still
beats LibO.  In Excel the macros a wrapped up in the .XLS file and can
be password protected (However, tools exist to extract the password ...
hehehe).  In libO, one only needs to know the installation paths to see
everything.

I am still activating a macro listener manually after loading the target
document.  Attempts to do this via events throw errors. The event is
passing an argument I cannot decode yet. Yeah, I know ... someone needs
to read the developers guide again.  Any ideas are welcome though.

Why does the toolbar icons show in Linux and disappear in LibO 3.4
(Windows).  Is there something different in 3.4 specs?