On 08/25/2011 01:24 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Were you looking for old Sd-Ram the other day?  I might have a           couple
of sticks i could give for just the cost of postage.  I           was hoping to
sell some of it but i'm hopeless at doing that           sort of thing.  100MHz
is about ok?  I have 2 at 32Mb,&            about 3 at 64Mb.  Any use to you?  I
thought i had some larger sticks but i can't find them now.  My place is a real
mess.  I have found some very old graphics cards that i would really like to
send.  I don't think i have time to test if they work but i think they still
do.  Single vga output, nothing fancy.  I would actually really like to get rid
of some of these things in a useful way even if i couldn't sell them as that was
never likely to happen but was worth a try right?
Regards from
Tom :)

Got a friend in the Washington DC area working on the used RAM issue. I need machines to go 512MB or better. I use 32 and 64 MB RAM for computer related key-chains. 256 MB rams are the smallest I use any more, but I am all out of them right now. Sometimes the real old systems cannot use larger than 128MB sticks, so I keep a few of them on hand.

Video Cards, well right now I work with the limits that are default for the old systems. 800x600 seems OK for LibreOffice. Most old cards do not go above 256 colors for resolution above that, and the old monitors sometimes do not go above 800x600 as well.

What I am looking to find are good/used 14"-17" LED/LCD monitors where the price is free or very low and the shipping costs are not much either. The only spare monitors I have are the huge!!! 17" CRTs that need 30 inches in depth for it and keyboard to be on a desk. Have a possible line of those, when they become available.

I give these computer away - NO CHARGE - to those who do not have a computer and need them for emails and doing the need typing for school or other need. So I do not like to pay much for anything I have to find to get the systems useful for these people. P-III and P-4 systems work well for people who do not have any computer to use. Sometimes I can find then being thrown away by people who do not know better.

How is the shipping costs from your location to Elmira New York USA? That is one of the factors on getting machines. I had one guy pay for the shipping for a machine I would use for a distributed computing project [BOINC] since my place has electric included in the rent. With one 4-core desktop I am in the top 1% world wide for over 2 million distributed computing volunteers. Since P-III and P-4 systems were too slow now, I started giving my P-III and P-4 systems to people who could use them instead of number crunching with these slow systems. My then-new desktop did in one day what a P-4 did in 3 weeks, so I gave them to those who need the computer more than I did.