On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:23:52 -0700 (PDT)
cgramer <cgramer@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello! I'm thinking of making the switch from OpenOffice.org to LibreOffice,
but I'm not sure which version (3.3.x or 3.4.x) to download. I can't find
any information about the difference between the two; all I saw was
something about the 3.4.x line being better for enterprise users. I also
noted that the latest 3.3.x version is newer than the latest 3.4.x version,
which I found confusing (though it makes sense if these two branches are
being developed independently).

Both branches are developed independently. You can read more about
the different branches here:  http://www.libreoffice.org/
(there are two blog articles referenced about 3.4.2 and 3.3.4). They
also give the link the the blog a bit below.

I'm not a frequent reader of the blog, but I'm sure that they have
described the difference between those two branches somewhere in
there. ;)  http://blog.documentfoundation.org/

Can anyone point me to a blog post, news article, or FAQ that explains the
two branches of LibreOffice and their purpose? (The FAQ section on the
website didn't have the answer.)

I hope those links answer some of your questions.

Thanks so much!

You're welcome!.

Sigrid