2011/8/25 Susanto Kong <kongwoei@gmail.com>:
I am using LibreOffice Writer and my computer crash and restart.
After rebooting, LibreOffice failed to reconstruct the file.
This file itself is still exist and from the file size, I suspect the data
is still there (only 4k). The file itself contains mostly table with
special characters (greek and mathematical notations).

Is there anyway to reconstruct this file, even partial result.

The easiest thing to do is probably to load it back from your latest
daily backup (of whatever kind that is, everything from external USB
drives of any kind and memory cards via CD/DVD to web based backups
will do).
If that, for some incredibly strange reason is not possible, you can
try to open it with a archiver of some kind, like Fileroller or what
ever. With some operating systems you may need to rename the file
first to Something.zip. If you are lucky you will then find a few
folders and some XML files. These can be opened with a regular text
editor, such as gEdit, Emacs or whatever you use, even a web browser
will do. One of those XML files will contain the text of the document,
so at least you can save that if you are a bit lucky.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

Help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Kong Susanto