totally agree with you

On 16 August 2011 11:28, Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@hashkedim.com> wrote:

On Tuesday 16 August 2011 02:42:48 Tom Davies wrote:
We don't really get a LOT of problems.  Perhaps 2 or 3 people in a
month?  We  all notice and their posts are glaringly obvious but
usually it's very easy to fix.  One of us just copies&pastes the
guide address from the new footer into the main part of the message.

Note that the footer did change a couple of weeks ago.  It's not
perfect but it is a bit better imo.  I still largely agree with
Stan's statement.

Why is it necessary for one of us to hand-massage individual cases? Does
it  satisfy a hidden social need to do so?

Blogs to which I subscribe generally have a link at the bottom of each
message saying "To unsubscribe, click _here_". No muss, no fuss. Why is
that inadequate?

In the case of a mailing list, there are two alternatives of
subscribtion, message by message, or the digest. Suppose that the link
would open a browser to a page on an LO site, that asks the simple
question "Message by message, or digest". The fellow can check the right
box, the system sends him the usual confirmation message, and it's over.
If , instead of two possibilities, there are four or even thirty (as a
user from some other galaxy noted), then there can be four or thirty
checkboxes on the web page.

I don't see why this is even an issue to be debated.

If there has been a change of the instruction recently, I have not
detected it. Since the method is as it was, any change can only have
been trivial/
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

deleted

--
Dr soumalya ray <http://drsoumalya.blogspot.com>  <drsoumalya@gmail.com>
MBBS,MD(PGT)C.Medicine,Ex-HousePhysician(Medicine)