Perhaps drifting off thread a little. I have a DBF database which dates
back many years - in fact to Lotus Works in MS DOS days. It works well
via LO Base, once one has worked out how to do it, which is far from
obvious. I have often wondered whether it is worth converting this to a
native LO database, ie on the lines of your mentioned HyperSQL. I guess
it is not, and in fact I would guess that most users only use Base as
an interface to other database formats.

The 'Help' in LO, practically identical to that in OOo, is far from
helpful and is pretty short of practical guidance. Every time I look at
it it leaves me confused. Maybe an 'idiots guide' to using Base in real
life situations, as part of the installation, is long over due. It
would reduce all these sorts of threads.

Dave

On 15 Aug 2011 at 16:24, Simon Cropper (The foss Workflow Guides)