Mark

On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 20:36 +0100, Mark Stanton wrote:

Writer seems to have stopped spellchecking, even though I have the
standard dictionary set correctly (I think, to English -UK), and all
the other language options I can find being set correctly, and in
fact set the same way as before it (recently) stopped spell checking.

A "manual" spell check finds no errors whatsoever (I've put some in,
to make sure), there are no words underlined in red to indicate
misspelling, and if I put in an incorrectly spelled word, LO doesn't
complain.

More than that, each time I access the dialog (sic :-) ) to set the
hyphenating, it presents itself as "English (USA)", however many
times I set it to "English (UK)".

This is LO 3.3.2, under Fedora (15).
It was working until very recently.  A large proportion of KDE has
updated in the last couple of days, but I don't see that this should
have a bearing on this part of LO.

Any ideas?

Regards
Mark Stanton
One small step for mankind...

Check under TOOLS>>OPTIONS in the Options Box under Language Settings
then Writing Aids and make sure that dictionaries and utilities are
available and assuming they are that they are selected. On my system
Ubuntu/Pinguy 11.04, LO 3.4.1) the spell checker is Hundspell. Also,
make sure the option the options in the center group of check boxes are
enabled and in the bottom check box that at least top two are checked
for checking spelling and grammar as you go.

Truthfully I am not sure way this problem occurred. My guess is that the
KDE update unintentionally changed a setting thinking you had KOffice
installed.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com