Hi :)
The 3.4.1 is development branch for 'early adopters' and has some advanced
features but also has oddities and maybe even regressions.  It's a bit like
seeing a play or a movie on the opening night or in the first week.  I suspect
that the 3.4.2 will be much the same.  The 3.3.3 is the latest release of the
stable branch and supported for a year apparently although it's not clear
exactly what that means.  A bit like watching a football match after everyone
has told you all about the highlights and who won.  It lacks some of the newer
features but it's less quirky, less surprises.  Anyone with the 3.4.1 is
probably well advised to install the 3.3.3 alongside for when they need
reliability but it's not easy so this guide should help with that.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel
Regards from
Tom :)