Le 30/06/11 15:54, Ian Whitfield a écrit :

Hi Ian,

I want to 'link' to the photos, (2 for each record), in place of the
default embedding to help reduce the size of the DB and for this I need
a path to be specified in each record for each photo. In place of typing
in the full path every time I would like to have a fixed "Path to Photo
Folder" field and just put the "Photo's File Name" under each photo. No
problem with this.

BUT the next step has me fooled!! I created another field called"Full
Path To Photo" and need this field to automatically concatenate the
first two values ie "Path to Photo Folder" + "Photo's File Name".

Is this possible and how can I do this?

AFAIK, this is not possible via the Table definition UI. What might be
possible is the use of a combo box on a Form, where the combo box would
combine the data from the string corresponding to the path and the data
corresponding to the image file name and then presenting the combined
value to the user. I do not think, however, that it is possible to
present the user with a clickable link in that case, other than by
writing a macro that would do that for you e.g. via a button.

Alternatively, you could always try a form based on a query, where the
query would concatenate the two fields and present the combined value to
the user.

You might want to look at Roberto Benitez's book on Programming OOo Base
using OOoBasic. Also look at Andrew Pitonyak's guide (the name of which
I've forgotten for the moment).

Alex